DEFIANCE XRE BLUE - Tall Fescue &
90% Turftype Tall Fescue Blend + 10% Kentucky Bluegrass
Defiance XRE Blue is a Turf-Type Tall Fescue and Bluegrass Seed Mixture that forms a very dark green, high-quality turf with improved wear tolerance and rhizome
formation. The moderately dwarf growth form combined with the ability to rapidly repair damage makes it ideal for all uses. The tall fescues in this mixture have high Brown Patch, Leaf
Spot and Net Blotch resistance to enable it to look good all year, and to recover rapidly if damage does occur. The bluegrasses add genetic diversity to increase the disease resistance and
improve recovery. With Defiance XRE Blue, you can have a high quality turf with reduced inputs - less fertilizer, water, and maintenance.
Seed Varieties in Defiance XRE With Bluegrass
Defiance XRE Blue combines top rated tall fescues with rhizomes with 5 to 10% Kentucky or Texas X Kentucky bluegrass cultivars for a turf that has superior performance for a broad range of uses.
Current Varieties in Defiance XRE With Blue grass are:*
10% Bluegrass - SR2100 Kentucky+ or Bandera Texas Hybrid
Turf-Type Tall Fescue - 3 or 4 Varieties - Rebel Advance, Speedway, SR8650, Gold Medallion
*Tall fescue seed varieties in Defiance XRE Blue Tall Fescue Seed Mixture and their percentages are subject to change due to seed availability. Defiance XRE
will ALWAYS have two tall fescue varieties with rhizomes in addition to two top performance varieties and a top quality Kentucky Bluegrass. Contains up to 1% inert material with no noxious weed seed.
Typically contains 3 turf type tall fescue varieties.
Features & Benefits Of Defiance XRE Blue
- Top rated, turf-type tall fescue with Kentucky bluegrass
- Excellent Brown Patch resistance and rapid repair
- Superior density turf with high levels of rhizomes
- Excellent sod strength
- Drought tolerant
- High levels of endophytes - Good for drought tolerance & disease resistance in fescue grass
- Reduced maintenance and inputs - Less Fertilizer & Water = Eco- Friendly
- Persistent turf
- Fine textured turf with rich green color
- Superior winter–active growth
- Customer satisfaction
Uses For Defiance XRE Blue
Ideal for golf course roughs, commercial turf, parks, sports fields and home lawns.
Areas Of Adaptation For Defiance XRE Blue
Defiance XRE Blue is adapted to all areas where tall fescue is grown for turf, including Mid-Atlantic, North, Southeast, Midwest, and the West.
Planting & Establishing Defiance XRE Blue Fescue Bluegrass Mix
- New turf: 6–8 lbs. per 1000 sq ft; 200–250 lb/acres; 20–30 gr/m2
- Overseeding rate: Approximately half of the new turf recommendations
- Planting Times: Fall is the preferred planting time for cool season grasses. They may be planted in the spring also. It is all relevant to soil and air temperatures.
Please see in this site or page on the optimum times - When to Plant
Fescue Grass Seed.
- Germination: 7–10 days under ideal conditions
- First mowing: 21–30 days
- First limited use: 60–75 days
- Height maintenance 1.0 inches
- Reduced maintenance 2.5 inches
See Turf-Type Tall Fescue Management (PDF document) For more on Growing
Tall Fescue Grass.
Above information courtesy of SRO Seeds.
a beautiful tomorrow!®